Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 15 - Heading Home


Not a great nights sleep for either of us. Joe ate to much at dinner, I keep thinking about the guy in the car. We got coffee and headed to the airport. As is in Atlanta, the Vegas airport has you running from one end of it to the other. I held the security line up because I brought a can of soda in my bag. Joe was irritated. That has been the word of the trip "irritated." Are you mad honey? No I'm irritated. For all the time we spent side by side, we were only "irritated" with one another a few brief times. I couldn't even tell you now about what. We are great travel companions. I was reminded this trip, just why I love Joe and I think he would say the same about me! We discussed several times the order in which we would rate our favorite parks. It would go something like this: first, Zion, then Bryce, Yosemite, Sequoia, Grand Canyon, Death Valley. But, that is not to say that we didn't like the ones at the end of the list. Really, you cannot rate them in an order. Each park was so amazing. Amazing for their beauty. Or spectacular for their unique landscape and formation. Each park had its' own personality, flavor, and unique features. We rated our favorite meals. Joe picked the Japanese restaurant. I pick the Bellagio buffet. We really didn't focus on eating out. We generally had a large meal midday where ever we happened to be. There is nothing we would have done differently. Our time spent planning the itinerary for this trip was time well spent. We have come back with tons of pictures that we will sort through and put together in a book of sorts. And, this blog was written as much as for our family to follow along on our trip and for us to not look back and try and remember what we did each day! We are already talking about our next vacation. Maybe to the Florida Keys or the Atlantis Hotel for our tenth anniversary next April!

No comments:

Post a Comment